Pages

Prophet Abraham's Quest

In Search of God…



As Gods were trees and stones acknowledged,
When wild polytheism prevailed,
Among Israelis a soul thirsty for knowledge,
Felt its wunderkind must be scaled,
On a voyage is Abraham to discover his God,
Master of the Universe: Lord of All!


With his mission he walks on his homely streets,
“What do my people worship?” says he
“Are these idols & statues indeed my God?
But how can my creations create me?
How can these stoned eyes see my plea?
Nay! My God divinity isn’t limited to these
Whatever they say, these cannot be my God”.


He travels valleys and deserts and forests and farms,
He searches him everywhere, in cold and warm,
Tired he lays under the sky, in its calmth,
That he notices some heavenly charm,
“How beautiful is the moon, how elegant its grace,
How in horrifying dark, comes its innocent face,
How peacefully the moon spreads its glory,
Everything looks so calm, every specie so holy,
But wait am I getting close to my cause!?
Hurray Alas! I’ve found my God.


Praising his lord, he rejoices whole night,
That night passes by and day comes in sight,
The golden rays shine brighter and mightier,
And lo! The moon becomes fainter and weaker,
“My God can’t be concealed by anyone,
Day is fatal to thee, while my Lord is eternal,
Your glory is fake; you cannot be my God,
It’s just that I had digressed from my Cause”


Abraham then looks at the mighty sun,
Whose rays shine ablaze on everyone,
“How great is the sun, how mighty its shine,
How sky turns golden and sea red wine,
Its warmth so reviving; its verve pristine,
Sheltering all kingdoms, a canopy so divine,
But wait am I getting close to my cause?
Hurray! Alas I’ve found God”


And praising his Lord Abraham cheers,
That day passes by and night brings fears
Abraham looks at his God with a bold vigor,
But lo! The sun starts losing its figure,
“My God can’t leave me in life when it’s darker,
When I’m lost & in need, how can He surrender?
Your strength was fake; you cannot be my God
It’s just that I had digressed from my Cause”



Dissolved in thoughts Abraham whispers,
“The moon and sun are creations, not Creator,
The real God is He… (wish I was smarter),
Proofs of whose existence shine in all shades of nature,
Whom no eyes have seen, yet no wonder,
Even atheists can’t spot cosmos with blunder,
His Position so High that no being is Higher,
He Himself so near, even soul isn’t nearer,
Glory to Thee, the Grand Architect of Universe!


But wait am I getting close to my cause!?
Hurray! Alas I’ve found God”
Crying in delight, he ran to his people,
His joy outflowing as if sepal in ripples,
Hurray! Alas I’ve found God, Hurray! Alas I’ve found God!


In the Heavens God calmly smiled to decree,
“Blessed be O Abraham! Prophethood to thee,
Who wonders and struggles never digresses from Cause,
…Yes indeed thou have found thy Lord!”


                            
                             Written by Batool Arhamna Haider (2006)



If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

YOUR ADSENSE CODE GOES HERE

0 comments:

Have any question? Feel Free To Post Below:

Leave your feed back here.

 

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Like Us at

WUZ Following

Join People Following WUZ

© 2011. All Rights Reserved | WriteUpZone | Template by Blogger Widgets

Home | About | Top